Paranormal Leeds

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Si wrote: The point is.......there are loads of things that are unexplained. By attributing these things to ghosts/spirits/etc, they are explained. I prefer to think of them as simply unexplained. If people want to think of them in those terms, that's fine. I just don't happen to agree. Like ChrisM, my heart loves the idea of hauntings, etc, but my head says, "No proof!" Even on Most Haunted they use "scientific" methods, but without some sort of scientific back-up, you might as well believe in anything, like the Earth was created by an ant called Nigel. Trevor actually
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

dogduke wrote: Not so much ghosts and goblins but mediums.I was sceptical as anybody,but last April and this AprilI visited a medium my wife had seen a few times.I was TOTALLY AMAZED.It was a mixture of numerology,mediumship and Tarot.She told me things that were amazing.My father's occupation(after he declared himself by name)What he wore at work,what my grandma did and where.My late mother in laws job as a clippie on the trams and her maiden name.On the second visit my Dad said that my mother would have stomach trouble,was 89 years old and star sign Pices,and that she would see her 90th.birthdayThis was in April.2 weeks tomorrow she was admitted to LGI,transferred to Jimmys on Saturday and then operated on for a perforated stomach.Never was I worried she would not pull through.It was not easy.She has been through the op(50-50) through ICI/HDU andon to an ordinary ward tomorrow.This is absolutely amazing.I am not a religous person but I am convinced there is an existance after death.the readings were recorded and I play them back and reflect in wonder. I was truly amazed and have an inner strength regarding death.I am truly gratefull and wish I had told my mother who I suspect covered this up until she could no longer stand the pain Having lost my dad at Christmas i would love to do something like this.However im a sceptic,so i dont know what to do.Whilst i was there,and if the medium was giving results then id whip out a giant list of Family History questions with a view to asking the relevant ancestor.It would save a lot of money,eh Si?    
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

I've watched a couple of investigatory programmes about this Chris and in very loose and general terms, it does seem that the questions they ask of you about the deceased glean sufficient, allbeit small amounts of information, from which very open 'results' sufficiently vague to allow, with a little prompting and minor manipulation of a phrase, the recipient to relate to a point and interpret it favourably and then inadvertantly respond to those suggetstions with more information, upon which further responses will be built, in effect, the recipient feeding the information to the intergotator without realising it.My wife however is right behind you in this - 'Whilst i was there,and if the medium was giving results then id whip out a giant list of Family History questions with a view to asking the relevant ancestor.It would aave a lot of money,eh Si?'

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

chameleon wrote: I've watched a couple of investigatory programmes about this Chris and in very loose and general terms, it does seem that the questions they ask of you about the deceased glean sufficient, allbeit small amounts of information, from which very open 'results' sufficiently vague to allow, with a little prompting and minor manipulation of a phrase, the recipient to relate to a point and interpret it favourably and then inadvertantly respond to those suggetstions with more information, upon which further responses will be built, in effect, the recipient feeding the information to the intergotator without realising it.My wife however is right behind you in this - 'Whilst i was there,and if the medium was giving results then id whip out a giant list of Family History questions with a view to asking the relevant ancestor.It would aave a lot of money,eh Si?' Well Dogduke seems pretty happy,but ive noticed something at the begining of his post that i totally missed when i first read it."Not so much ghosts and goblins but mediums.I was sceptical as anybody,but last April and this AprilI visited a medium my wife had seen a few times.I was TOTALLY AMAZED."Is there a strong possibility that the medium concerned may well have gleaned enough seeds of information to give Dogduke a satisfactory reading from his wifes visits to the medium?okay,ill stick my neck out here.Im willing to pay for a medium to give this sceptic a reading.If anyone can put me in contact with what they believe to be a credible medium,who they believe to be genuine then im willing to give it a go.I would be more than happy to be convinced that there is another side,though i suspect there probably isnt.Im afraid the "sceptic" and "non believer"get out clause wont wash with me.There either is,or isnt an after life that can be accessed by persons who are sensitive ,receptive and communicable with persons that have passed away.Im more than sure that there would be many relatives,both immediate and distant that would want to get in touch.Not least my recently departed father and my sister who suffered a tragic ,and saddening death,which has affected the whole family,and has left us with many questions that need answers.As they would both know i am a sceptic,so if the afterlife was accessible through a medium then they would move (pardon the pun) Heaven and Earth to convince me,no matter what,that it was possible.And if there was a distant long past relative that wanted to get in touch,for whatever reason,then my family tree would be able to ascertain whether or not it was a real deceased family relative.Ill not give away how far ive got back,but its further than 1700,and its been arrived at through very thorough personal research,and Si knows how thorough i am.So,please,anyone,come forward and let me have some peace of mind,and also let me save a shed load of time in record offices.    

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

'Is there a strong possibility that the medium concerned may well have gleaned enough seeds of information to give Dogduke a satisfactory reading from his wifes visits to the medium?'That is the essence of what I was trying to relate Chris. Take a generalised thought, 'was it a sad death?' answer 'yes' (don't be offended by my use of this as an example), play on that and you (people) would offer more information to generate another question where the answer was also 'yes' - and lo and behold, information is coming through the ether, or, is it just what you are saying and want to think.Watch some of these sessions, if the answer to a question posed is no, other questions follow rapidly until a yes is received - and that is what registers, the power of suggestion?Mrs chameleon continues to draw-up lengthening list of Geneolgy queries overdue an answer just in case.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

In the style of Jim royal.....................mediums my ar$e! And if anyone finds one for chris ot visitil happily come too.
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Brandy wrote: In the style of Jim royal.....................mediums my ar$e! And if anyone finds one for chris ot visitil happily come too. (Hmmmm. Could be on a money-spinner here. 'Is anyone there, speak to us, why are you deep underground, bang on the walls if you can hear. Bl.... h... it's Davison in another tunnel!)

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

chameleon wrote: 'Is there a strong possibility that the medium concerned may well have gleaned enough seeds of information to give Dogduke a satisfactory reading from his wifes visits to the medium?'That is the essence of what I was trying to relate Chris. Take a generalised thought, 'was it a sad death?' answer 'yes' (don't be offended by my use of this as an example), play on that and you (people) would offer more information to generate another question where the answer was also 'yes' - and lo and behold, information is coming through the ether, or, is it just what you are saying and want to think.Watch some of these sessions, if the answer to a question posed is no, other questions follow rapidly until a yes is received - and that is what registers, the power of suggestion?Mrs chameleon continues to draw-up lengthening list of Geneolgy queries overdue an answer just in case. Steve,perhaps i could help with some of mrs Chameleons genealogy questions.fresh eyes are sometimes the best.Im quite an intelligent chap Steve,as i hope you have realised from my previous emails,but i think i could see through any sort of false medium who would use general questions.Either a real medium can contact the dead,and therefore not need to ask questions,or they are a sham.In fact,lets make this open to more than myself,is anyone else interested?

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

I'm sure you are Chris - I think the successes tend to be people who 'want' it to be true rather than a genuine inquisitive mind that questions the evnets.She's been at it for some 20 years now, as well as the 'puter records, there's paper from early days taking up some 6 - 8 feet of shelf!Back a long way and produced some amazing stuff, but then you know that happens, the one's you'd rather not know about through humble families, ties to the Irish Mercenaries from around 1600 I think it was, the Sangsters, an interesting French conestion in the Channel Isles and close family ancestor of Lenora Cohen, the Suffragette who smashed the Crown Jewel case in the Tower - if you two got to gether I be a family history widower, better than a golf widower though

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

chameleon wrote: I'm sure you are Chris - I think the successes tend to be people who 'want' it to be true rather than a genuine inquisitive mind that questions the evnets.She's been at it for some 20 years now, as well as the 'puter records, there's paper from early days taking up some 6 - 8 feet of shelf!Back a long way and produced some amazing stuff, but then you know that happens, the one's you'd rather not know about through humble families, ties to the Irish Mercenaries from around 1600 I think it was, the Sangsters, an interesting French conestion in the Channel Isles and close family ancestor of Lenora Cohen, the Suffragette who smashed the Crown Jewel case in the Tower - if you two got to gether I be a family history widower, better than a golf widower though Aha,but where is the dead end Steve?Any way,im still interseted in the medium.Any suggestions anyone??