WYPTE

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
paulfixter

Post by paulfixter »

Hi all,I've recently come across this forum and wanted to join and let you know about two WYPTE (bus) groups that I look after. They cover the whole WYPTE bus operation, and of course include the Leeds area. The links are here:http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/wypteh ... s/wypteThe Yahoogroup is now primarily used for messages and the Flickr group for photos.All the bestPaul

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

great links paul,you've got some excellent pics over on yer flickr mate.PS/so your the 'new' seventh member of showaddywaddy then?
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

My wife who had worked for Wakefield City Education up to 1974, started working for WYMPTE in 1974. She originally worked at Sovereign Street, but then at Metro House in Wakefield. She was only there about 7 months due to falling pregnant with our first born shortly after she started there.
Industria Omnia Vincit

paulfixter

Post by paulfixter »

Brandy wrote: great links paul,you've got some excellent pics over on yer flickr mate.PS/so your the 'new' seventh member of showaddywaddy then? Yep, jack of all trades me! You can say my interests are diverse, and I'm a 70s throwback!Cheers!Paul

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Interesting pictures, Brandy. I enjoyed them despite my preferences for buses with engines at the front and entrances at the back. Atlantean 523 is very similar to a Fleetline (ex-Huddersfield) that I used to drive in its later career as a mobile exhibition centre. Saw it passing through Calverley not too long ago.
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Sorry, I should have said Paul, rather than Brandy.
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Hello Paul - two fascinating sites there - I have noted both, and am joining the photographic one - just as soon as I have time I will put on some of my own Leeds pictures from the period concerned and hopefully people will enjoy them and find them interesting.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

paulfixter

Post by paulfixter »

BLAKEY wrote: Hello Paul - two fascinating sites there - I have noted both, and am joining the photographic one - just as soon as I have time I will put on some of my own Leeds pictures from the period concerned and hopefully people will enjoy them and find them interesting. That's great - people will love to see these. There's a lot of interest in local buses of the 70s.I know people have nostalgia for the buses of the 50s & 60s, but buses from the decade that fashion forgot have a lot of followers too!All the bestPaul

Barwicker

Post by Barwicker »

The other day I was browsing in W H Smith at Euston Station, when I spotted a picture of a First Bus in a guided busway in (I believe) Scott Hall Road on the cover of a magazine called with startling originality "Buses".This led me to browse that magazine in particular and to eventually find an interesting and thought provoking article on public transport in and around Leeds with considerable comment on the workings of the "Metro", both good and bad. So if you are interested and passing W H Smith may I suggest.......?

ackers72

Post by ackers72 »

I read the same magazine as my friend bought it in Kendal, it goes on about how Leeds has lost it identity when it comes to buses and how the city doesn't seem to have pride in itself anymore.And I am sad to say one has to agree with most of what it said!!!
Short in arm and long in pocket, been a long time but I am making a re-appearance!!!!