A not so secret Leeds?

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
Brunel

Post by Brunel »

"I know the old oil refinery has been demolished but is there still any oil traffic from a new site at Knowsthorpe?"Don't know anything about this, could you supply details of where this site is?Brunel

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Well that's what I was asking if there was a new Oil refinery facility near the Limestone place? Has Leeds still got the oil refinery? I'm sure I've heard people say oil trains still use that line.
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

There is no oil facility, on the line that feeds the Tarmac limestone plant.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Here's a 1982 blast from the past. An Oil refinery train has come up the branch line from the terminal and is waiting the signals to navigate Neville hill jnct. You can see the Bridgefield pub in the distance. I think there was one daily return train that used this line in those days. I remember it been bad for hundreds of tyres rolled down the embankment further down. The line has a pretty steep climb so that's why there are 2 engines. Mind you the clss 25's made a hell of a lot of noise but couldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding lol         
Attachments
__TFMF_yu1xwi45u5ufpzzqithhql45_9caa57ce-05d3-4b35-8096-aec0357eb2a9_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_yu1xwi45u5ufpzzqithhql45_9caa57ce-05d3-4b35-8096-aec0357eb2a9_0_main.jpg (305.75 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

Phill_d wrote: Here's a 1982 blast from the past. An Oil refinery train has come up the branch line from the terminal and is waiting the signals to navigate Neville hill jnct. You can see the Bridgefield pub in the distance. I think there was one daily return train that used this line in those days. I remember it been bad for hundreds of tyres rolled down the embankment further down. The line has a pretty steep climb so that's why there are 2 engines. Mind you the clss 25's made a hell of a lot of noise but couldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding lol          pairs of class 25s were used on the limestone trains that came down from grassingtonthe aaire valley line is still busy with that kind of traffic, but with far supoerior motive power these days.
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

It was a booked 31 train though & usually produced them. 25's were only ever stand ins for motive power shortage.