A not so secret Leeds?

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
Brunel

Post by Brunel »

An update as seen today: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ikbrunel/ ... tLeedsDoes anyone know the times of when the trains are loading/unloading?regardsBrunel

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

how did you gain access?
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Just walk in, through the original entrance... Bridgewater Road, off S. Accomodation Rd.Then cross over some of the derelect land, most of it is unfenced.Best going on a Sunday when no one is working.Have a look on Google Maps or Google EarthBrunel

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

Brunel wrote: Just walk in, through the original entrance... Bridgewater Road, off S. Accomodation Rd.Then cross over some of the derelect land, most of it is unfenced.Best going on a Sunday when no one is working.Have a look on Google Maps or Google EarthBrunel are these lines in use?

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Yes, trains are delivering and collecting limestone.B

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

Brunel wrote: Yes, trains are delivering and collecting limestone.B well you shouldn't have been there thenwhat if a kid had seen you and concluded that it was ok to trespass on the railway?

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

I thought they'd stopped using that line when the oil terminal closed.What is the score with the limestone? Is it being used in the construction of the link road, or is it for other purposes?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

fevlad wrote: Brunel wrote: Yes, trains are delivering and collecting limestone.B well you shouldn't have been there thenwhat if a kid had seen you and concluded that it was ok to trespass on the railway? Perhaps not...but I believe it is mandatory that all railways should be enclosed or fenced off. there were several people walking their dogs.B

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

The Limestone loading facility used to be (Tilcon i think) it was at the old Marsh Lane sidings. There was a daily train to Rylestone about 8.00 a.m from Marsh lane. That was in the 80's. I presume since the Marsh lane site has gone it's relocated down there. I know the old oil refinery has been demolished but is there still any oil traffic from a new site at Knowsthorpe?
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

Brunel wrote: fevlad wrote: Brunel wrote: Yes, trains are delivering and collecting limestone.B well you shouldn't have been there thenwhat if a kid had seen you and concluded that it was ok to trespass on the railway? Perhaps not...but I believe it is mandatory that all railways should be enclosed or fenced off. there were several people walking their dogs.B no perhaps about itcheck out what happens when a kid is runover by a train.