New confusing 62 and 62A timetable

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
p

New confusing 62 and 62A timetable

Post by p »

Has anybody living on these routes seen the new timetable? :roll: There are several variations to the routes East of Leeds and it all depends on the time of day as well!

Mon to Fri morning peak journeys towards Cross Green run via Easy Road full length to the old Bridgefield and Pontefract Lane to X Green Ind Est. Mon to Fri morning peak buses to Leeds return via the old route via East Park Road and the Richmond Hill loop.

Mon to Fri off peak daytime journeys run as follows, both run half hourly combined as far as Cross Green Lane/Easy Road with one bus serving the rest of Cross Green Lane as far as the old Bridgefield turning onto Easy Road, Dial Street and as usual route to the Ind Est, however the return journeys from the Ind Est follow the old route not serving Cross Green Lane. Now, the other journey continues via the old route along Easy Road, Dial Street, Richmond Hill to East Park Road then turning up East Park Parade, Ivy Street, York Road, Harehills Lane, Lupton Ave, York Road, Ivy Street, East Park Parade, Richmond Hill loop to Dial Street then left onto Easy Road as far as the old Bridgefield then Cross Green Lane back to the bottom of Easy Road then to Leeds.

Mon to Fri evening peak buses going East run as off peak above but with more journeys going to the Ind Est and only a small number serving Lupton Ave/Harehills Lane. Evening Peak return buses run direct to Leeds from the Ind Est via the Aire Valley link road and the small number of Lupton Ave served buses returning via usual daytime route above.

Mon to Sat evening and all day Sunday buses run via the old East End Park/Richmond Hill loop route (Easy Road, Park Parade, East Park Road, Richmond Hill to Dial Street returning onto Easy Road and back to Leeds) and finally Saturday daytime buses serve Saxton Gardens once an hour with the other journey each hour staying on East Street, one bus per hour then does a one way loop of Cross Green Lane to the old Bridgefield, Park Parade, East Park Road and the Richmond Hill loop to Dial Street and Easy Road then back to Leeds. The other bus just follows the evening and Sunday loop route as above.

vbporscha

Re: New confusing 62 and 62A timetable

Post by vbporscha »

Hello, is this the new route since Yorkshire Tiger took it over, or a new one again? I live at the other end of the 62a route.

p

Post by p »

This revised timetable started on Monday, I'd check the times at your end carefully because with such dramatic route and time changes at the East end of the route, it's going to change the times throughout the route as well.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

The change as described in the changing times leaflet
wymetro wrote:Route Cross Green | Leeds | Armley | Pudsey | Shipley
Operator Yorkshire Tiger
Date Sunday 26 October 2014
Details These services will be revised in order to provide
better weekday links to Cross Green Industrial
Estate, Harehills Lane and Lupton Avenue.
Service 62 will no longer operate via Water Lane
or Wood Lane in Farnley, instead operating via the
Ring Road. Both services 62 and 62A will now run
between Armley and Leeds via Kirkstall Road instead
of Armley Road.
On Mondays to Fridays, services 62 & 62A will
operate between Shipley (62) or Pudsey (62A) and
Saxton Gardens. One bus per hour will continue
via Cross Green Lane (Copperfields Crescent), Dial
Street and East Park Road to Cross Green Industrial
Estate with the other bus continuing to Harehills
Lane via Dial Street, East Park Road and Ivy Street,
returning via Lupton Avenue and giving a direct
service from this area into Leeds.
On Saturdays services, 62 & 62A will operate
between Shipley (62) or Pudsey (62A) and the
Dial Street/East Park Rd loop, with alternate buses
serving either Cross Green Lane (Copperfields) or
Saxton Gardens. On Sundays, an hourly service will
be provided between Leeds, Saxton Gardens and the
Dial St/East Park Road loop only.
There will be no service to Cross Green Industrial
Estate on Saturdays or Sundays due to low customer
demand.
which can be found at http://www.wymetro.com/uploadedFiles/WY ... eaflet.pdf
and the timetable page http://www.wymetro.com/BusTravel/bustim ... table/62a/
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

p

Post by p »

I think I've counted 8 variations to the timetable in the East, do Tiger really think they'll make this section of route work with so many variations? The ones I've seen so far are as follows. This by the way isn't helped by the fact Cross Green Lane stupidly starts at the East Street interchange and not after Easy Road like it should. That short bit of Cross Green Lane should have been renamed something else like East Street!

1) From Leeds via Saxton Gardens, East Street, Cross Green Lane as far as Easy Road then right onto Easy Road up to Pontefract Lane behind the old Bridgefield, then onto Pontefract Lane through to the Ind Est.

2) As 1 to East Street as far as Cross Green Lane/Easy Road junction then straight on following Cross Green Lane up to the Bridgefield, right onto Pontefract Lane then Easy Road, Dial Street, Richmond Hill, East Park Road, Park Parade then Pontefract Lane down to the Ind Est. This route crosses the section of Pontefract Lane behind the Bridgefield twice! Note the reverse of this route does not serve Cross Green Lane by old Bridgefield and instead follows reverse of route 3 below from Dial Street.

3) as 1 as far as Easy Road at it's junction with Dial Street then right onto Dial Street then as 2 as far as East Park Road then East Park Parade, Ivy Street and the Harehills Lane/Lupton Ave loop. Note the return bus runs the reverse of this route as far as Dial Street then follows the reverse of 2 (via Cross Green Lane/old Bridgefield).

4) as 2 as far as Cross Green Lane at the old Bridgefield then right onto Pontefract Lane, Park Parade, East Park Road/Richmond Hill loop, Dial Street, right onto Easy Road, Cross Green Lane and East Street/Saxton Gardens to Leeds.

5) as 4 as far as Cross Green Lane/Easy Road but missing out Saxton Gardens then right onto Easy Road following the full length of Easy Road as far as Pontefract Lane then right onto Park Parade and as 4 above back to Leeds missing out Saxton Gardens.

6) as 5 above but including Saxton Gardens

7) From Cross Green Ind Est via the Aire Valley Link Road and East Street through to Leeds

8) as 3 as far as East Park Road then right onto Park Parade and as 2 to the Ind Est.

Hope you've all tried to follow this, can't see this timetable lasting long!

simong

Post by simong »

Has the 62 always run as far as Pudsey and Shipley? I saw one in Greengates last month and I thought I hadn't seen one before so assumed it was a new route. It must be the current longest route in the city unless there are some southside ones I don't know.

vbporscha

Post by vbporscha »

Oh no, I wish I'd looked at this yesterday before giving my boyfriend the bus times to get to town and back this morning. Yorkshire Tiger have unhelpfully not updated the timetables on their website, so I had assumed that the WY Metro ones were wrong. Also, when I went on traveline to plan my route to work (fortunately I didn't need to bus it in the end) it kept saying "catch the 62a to Kirkstall Road" which I couldn't get my head around as it doesn't go that way!! Then my boyfriend has spent half an hour waiting on Armley Rd for it at lunchtime before walking the five miles back home.

Would it really have killed Yorkshire Tiger to put up a correct timetable and a map of where the route goes? I get really mad about the map thing - when you used to pick up paper timetables they had a map showing the route, why can't something similar be re-produced online?

Phew, and breathe.......

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

:evil: Would it really have killed Yorkshire Tiger to put up a correct timetable and a map of where the route goes? I get really mad about the map thing - when you used to pick up paper timetables they had a map showing the route, why can't something similar be re-produced online? :twisted:

This is the responsibility of Metro not the bus operator, they do normally have some form of info on the bus a few weeks before any changes tho
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

p

Post by p »

Sorry to disagree to the point above but Yorkshire Tiger are fully responsible for the content of any information on their web site, the Tiger timetables are out of date, if they don't have time to update the website then it should only contain basic information, simples. To defend Metro. the Metro ones are correct and they've done a good job sorting out the mess this over complex timetable has. If it were me having to walk 5 miles thanks to some duff information I'd be suing Tiger as well as slamming the person responsible for the website into one of their buses, all Tiger seem to be interested in is painting buses and even then I've seen a few running around in Arriva colors complete with Arriva logos, are Tiger trying to take the pi**?

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Yorkshire Tiger are Arriva, after a management buyout from Arriva it became Huddersfield Bus Company and then Arriva bought it back again.
I agree that info on the Tiger Website is their responsibility, what they should have done is link the changes to the Metro website.
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?