,Linear Landmarks,, Post

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
MsJ2uk

Post by MsJ2uk »

,Linear Landmarks,,     Post    
To the Skeptic, no proof is possible.To the Believer, no proof is necessary.

MsJ2uk

Post by MsJ2uk »

,Known mainly as Laylines. Marked by a square chalk stone piller. These points were found using dowsing rods all across Britain in the 1920's. ,     Post    

MsJ2uk

Post by MsJ2uk »

,Known mainly as Laylines. Marked by a square chalk stone piller. These points were found using dowsing rods all across Britain in the 1920's. ,     Post    

MsJ2uk

Post by MsJ2uk »

,The most famous layline in Britain is in Wiltshire on Windmill hill. Laylines are associated with paranormal and unexplainable happenings in the places where they cross.. Such as crop circles in Wiltshire + UFO sightings on Ilkley moor. I recently found out that the hill where 1 of these pillars used to be (dont know if it is still there) is actually called Windmill Hill. It used to be at the back of Beeston Primary School. . . . ,     Post    

MsJ2uk

Post by MsJ2uk »

,I don't know of anywhere else in Leeds these landmarks are? But i do know that places where wierd things have happened which are in alignment with this point. . Cottingley, Temple Newsom, Kirkstall, Shipley...,     Post    

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

MsJ2uk wrote: ,Known mainly as Laylines. Marked by a square chalk stone piller. These points were found using dowsing rods all across Britain in the 1920's. ,     Post     laylines have been around a lot longer than that...the great cathedrals,most old churches and many many pagan sites are all built on laylines,or where laylines cross....which makes you think...how did they know? and what did they know,that we don't???
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

MsJ2uk

Post by MsJ2uk »

,I looked in an old Leeds A-Z street map. I drew a pencil line through Windmill Hill in Beeston, in a Noth West direction. (On research this is the direction of the main line) Its strange how so many churches chapels burial points that the line runs through. I saw a pic of 'the British Society of Dowsers' , a bunch of 'hardy' looking blokes armed with crystal pendants, small rods and V shaped sticks. They should'v taken the cameraman with them!,     Post    

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

MsJ2uk wrote: ,The most famous layline in Britain is in Wiltshire on Windmill hill. Laylines are associated with paranormal and unexplainable happenings in the places where they cross.. Such as crop circles in Wiltshire + UFO sightings on Ilkley moor. I recently found out that the hill where 1 of these pillars used to be (dont know if it is still there) is actually called Windmill Hill. It used to be at the back of Beeston Primary School. . . . ,     Post     The pillar you refer to is a trig point.It is still there though access to it is restricted now as its fenced off within the school.Trig points were a tool to give surveyors a frame of reference for surveying the UK in the days before electronic positioning aids were available (GPS etc). Typically, a trig point is a concrete post set on a high point such as a hill with a metal disc inset in the top which you can put your theodolite in. The trig point is at an accurately surveyed and documented position so you can survey other stuff relative to one or more trig points. Sorry,its not paranormal.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Go to this website for a look.http://www.jeremyp.net/trigpoint/index.php
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Trig point exactly like one at Beeston