The SkyScrapers

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Just as an aside on buildings dominating the skyline, you might like to know that the only Civil Service building in Leeds thought to be more at risk from attack than the others is Quarry House because of it's visibility if anyone blew it up!I work for Civil Service but not there.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

big_rob2004 wrote: tyke bhoy wrote: The same reason that Plaza II across clay pit lane looks sooooo big too. I drove down Middleton ring-road yesterday and it dominates the Leeds skyline even from there although there is nothing but the central core and crane at the moment.Yes the cladding has improved the outdated sixties look to Tower North which even though its 5 floors less is actually higher than the Cottingley twins because purelt residential needs less ceiling height. the plaza II can be seen from Ramshead Drive in Seacroft... totally dominates the skyline from the east of leeds.am i right in saying that the bridgewater building was supposed to be taller (with a dome on top) but was refused due to it being under the flightpath? Yes it was,but not sure if the redesign was down to "financial" priorites and not the flightpath.Watch out for whats coming at Millgarth,the talk is 60 stories to tie in with the Harewood/Eastgate/Quarry Hill development.Thats a big chuffer!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

FarnleyBloke

Post by FarnleyBloke »

I work opposite Tower house, last week during the high winds a section of the new metal cladding blew off and landed outside the Merrion centre!!! Very scary.The plaza scares me, it really does just the thought of being the bloke in that crane makes my downstairs twitch like a bugger!

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

chameleon wrote: rikj wrote: I hope we will get to see that chameleon. I've got it as far as VHS rikj - will take a little more of that technomonologory thing to get it on here (Not to mention the embarrassment of me seeing me from that long ago!). you need one of these little fella's chameleon> http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Tab ... doy=6m2not a bad price n'all considering that our old VHS memories are priceless!
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Brandy wrote: chameleon wrote: rikj wrote: I hope we will get to see that chameleon. I've got it as far as VHS rikj - will take a little more of that technomonologory thing to get it on here (Not to mention the embarrassment of me seeing me from that long ago!). you need one of these little fella's chameleon> http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Tab ... doy=6m2not a bad price n'all considering that our old VHS memories are priceless! Looks like there's no escape now - perhaps I should use some of the pennies received for my birthday today to buy one! Thanks for that Brandy