Lost Eating Establishments of Leeds

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
tyke bhoy

Re: Lost Eating Establishments of Leeds

Post by tyke bhoy »

I walked down Thorntons arcade tonight and the via County and Cross arcades on the way to Vicar Lane, Admittedly the latter two were massively refurbished as part of operation "Harvey Nichs"
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

There is also the Central Arcade that joins Briggate and Central Road. From being quite run down it was refurbished a few years back but like many commercial sites now a number of its premises are currently vacant.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

loiner99

Post by loiner99 »

Central Arcade, for some reason, seems to be a bit of a white elephant and has been for many years. I can never remember a time when it was a bustling shopping arcade and I go back to early/mid 60s. It's sad that a refurbishment has not seemingly had the desired affect.
batchoy

loiner99

Post by loiner99 »

When I was a nipper I sometimes used to accompany mi mam into Leeds and I seem to remember being treated to a boiled ham sandwich and a pop at (I think) Hagenbachs in the middle of the market. If I was with my auntie she would spoil me and buy me a Knickerbocker Glory from downstairs cafe in Lewis's.
batchoy

loiner99

Post by loiner99 »

Question - was there an eatery (I think) at the bottom of King Edward St on the left. I seem to remember some sort of Regency gentleman in mosaics in the entrance to the establishment.
batchoy

loiner99

Post by loiner99 »

Question - what was the name of the cafe with one door on Queen Victoria street and you could walk through and come out into Mecca Arcade. The Queen Victoria entrance was next to Dearlove Addeyman Butchers and the Mecca doorway was just above a somewhat staid Menswear shop, Greenwoods, I think?
batchoy