The Cattle Market

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Cheers for that uncle mick. I didn't know of JTF and from its website I would have no reason to know of it or at least deal with it, so I feel OK now in not previously knowing what JTF is. Clearly (at least to me!) a bit of Secret Leeds.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Phallica2000

Post by Phallica2000 »

LS1 wrote: Isn't JTF a bit further away from Leeds to where Winerite is or was it all once part of the same? It moved quite a few years ago now, it used to be in Holbeck near the viaduct but it since moved into the old Winerite building.
Young 'uns that have no interest in the history of the place they grew up in....disgraceful.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Phallica2000 wrote: LS1 wrote: Isn't JTF a bit further away from Leeds to where Winerite is or was it all once part of the same? It moved quite a few years ago now, it used to be in Holbeck near the viaduct but it since moved into the old Winerite building. I didn't realise it was quite that massive. According to the attached it took up the whole of the site.JTF looks a separate building though guess it was all part of it....http://goo.gl/maps/ipzSm

BIG N

Post by BIG N »

Phallica2000 wrote: Actually, it's been a JTF for years. Are you sure JTF are in the actual cattle market building ? I know they are using the newer buildings to the front of it that were part of the Winerights premises but I didn't realise they were actually in the original cattle market building too.

Phallica2000

Post by Phallica2000 »

BIG N wrote: Phallica2000 wrote: Actually, it's been a JTF for years. Are you sure JTF are in the actual cattle market building ? I know they are using the newer buildings to the front of it that were part of the Winerights premises but I didn't realise they were actually in the original cattle market building too. Absolutely definite. The photo of the bull's head is just above and to the left of the JTF entrance.
Young 'uns that have no interest in the history of the place they grew up in....disgraceful.

TonyBowling

Re: The Cattle Market

Post by TonyBowling »

I have just found this thread after a search on the cattle market. A client of mine has purchased the building with a view to demolishing the later additions and redeveloping the site. I can confirm the bulls head is still there and will be retained on the building as part of the development. I have been inside and will posts some images in due course.

tyke bhoy

Re: The Cattle Market

Post by tyke bhoy »

Welcome to the S L forum Tony. Thanks for sharing that information and the promise of images.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/