Leeds First White Cloth Hall: public consulted on revamp

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Leodian

Re: Leeds First White Cloth Hall: public consulted on revamp

Post by Leodian »

Thanks for that information buffaloskinner :).

I've now found this SL thread that has some information about the Fox and Grapes Yard:- http://secretleeds.com/viewtopic.php?t=5056
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I was going to post a couple of photos to complement those I had posted a few days back showing the burnt beams but there are currently no posts in this thread from after Jan 22 2015 to before Dec 3 2015! It may be a problem with the SL site but I wonder if it is a problem of mine in that perhaps I've somehow unknowingly changed something?
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

:?:

Seems that the First White Cloth Hall will soon just be a distant memory if the redevelopers get the go ahead.

Is one of the oldest streets in Leeds about to be transformed to make way for one of the city’s newest residential and retail developments?

Councillors are set to debate the details of a proposal to radically re-develop parts of Kirkgate and Crown Street at a meeting on Thursday. Developer, City Fusion Ltd, will put a pre-application to City Plans for two new buildings with a public realm.

The first section of the development will see a four to five storey building at 101-104 Kirkgate which was cleared years ago following a fire. There will be a cafe/bar at the basement level, retail units and a cafe at the ground floor and flats above that.

The second part requires the part demolition of 10 and 11 Crown Court so the Crown Street car park can be re-developed with a four to seven storey building - a mix of residential, retail, cafe and restaurant units.

In total there will be 80 flats spread across the two sites and form studio apartments, predominantly two bed apartments with five, three bedroomed dwellings included in the plans.

The scheme is part of a wider desire to revamp the area between Kirkgate, The Calls and Crown Street. The application is coming back before the board a year after it was last discussed and issues were raised around, ventilation, a public right of way and street lighting.

Members will be asked to specifically consider whether they support the demolition of an old building for a modern one and whether they back the principle of modern design rather than a like for like in what is one of the oldest parts of the city.

The mix of housing will also come under scrutiny as it is suggested be a larger quota of three bed apartments included.

YEP Monday 26 June

:arrow:
FWCH1.jpg
FWCH1.jpg (136.99 KiB) Viewed 9794 times
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

jim

Post by jim »

After checking the applicationto be considered and its associated plans/maps it would seem that the White Cloth Hall itself (including the site of the western wing which had to be demolished following the collapse of the adjacent burnt out building) will not be affected by this proposal, other than by the proximity of the planned new buildings. There is a planning proposal in repect of the White Cloth Hall and its future rebuild in progress, with a meeting to consider it further timetabled for later in the year.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

[quote="jim"]After checking the applicationto be considered and its associated plans/maps it would seem that the White Cloth Hall itself (including the site of the western wing which had to be demolished following the collapse of the adjacent burnt out building) will not be affected by this proposal, other than by the proximity of the planned new buildings. There is a planning proposal in repect of the White Cloth Hall and its future rebuild in progress, with a meeting to consider it further timetabled for later in the year.

Have the Public been consulted yet or is there a meeting planned ?

jim

Post by jim »

I think public consultation and invitation to object comes later in the process Jack. To locate the documents I looked at google "101-104 kirkgate leeds", scroll down to reach "Agenda - meetings agendas and minutes......29June 2017" and look for item 9 PREAPP/16/00090.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

[quote="jim"]I think public consultation and invitation to object comes later in the process Jack. To locate the documents I looked at google "101-104 kirkgate leeds", scroll down to reach "Agenda - meetings agendas and minutes......29June 2017" and look for item 9 PREAPP/16/00090.

Thanks jim,
Not Living in Leeds anymore i doubt if i would be able to attend anyway. just hope the Public don't get Steamrollered over by the Developers.

Cafes, Restaurants, Bars and Coffee shops are in such short supply in The City Centre i fear the Conglmerates will get their way.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

The latest information on the White Cloth Hall revamp

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-8877013

:?:
Attachments
White Cloth Hall proposal 2018.JPG
White Cloth Hall proposal 2018.JPG (74.13 KiB) Viewed 9430 times
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Lads? I should point out, for the purposes of accuracy, you should at least include lasses. Old dears and geezers may also be needed to fit the demogaphic ;-)
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/