Knott Lane, Rawdon

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Can anyone answer my question? A few years ago when my gran first went into a nursing home, she moved to Woodleigh Hall down Knott Lane in Rawdon. At that time, I had a Diahatsui (spelt wrong no doubt!!!) 4 track and hubby suggested I had a go at off roading, when I went to visit. So I went up the back way, behind Sandoz. It was quite a hair raising event, I can tell you. Anyway, I digress. Once you start approaching the proper road again, just before the left turning to the hall, there is a small "temple or church" looking building on the right and on the gate it says "The White Eagle Lodge". It was tucked away in the trees and looked a bit sinister. Hubby has now got an old Landrover and last saturday night, I suggested a trip up there to test it out. We passed this lodge again, but this time it looked like it had closed down, as there was a yellow metal barrier across the entrance to the car park. (Knott Lane now has a barrier half way down too, to stop vehicles going all the way down it). Does anyone know what this building is/was? It's intruiged me for years, but I had forgotten about it until saturday!

rikj

Post by rikj »

A quick look on google shows that this is a Daughter Lodge of the White Eagle Lodge Community. I guess you would call it a spiritual (as opposed to religious) set of teachings.There's a phone number on the website if you want to know more!

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Ooh, thanks for that Rikj, I shall have a look into that!

wilko

Post by wilko »

hey i work just around the corner from that building and i know the guy that lives there. Im sure he told me that it used to be sum kind of chapple. I will try find out more information about it for you. Wilko.