That Burnt Building On Kirkstall Road

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
D2G

Post by D2G »

Does anyone have any pictures of that burnt out building that used to stand next to the parade of shops (netto, iceland and priceless shoes) I went to take pictures today and its been bulldozed after being there for years. Does anyone know the story behind it?It had a triangular roof which was all charred and one of the walls had come downAnyway any info or pics would be great

Mick_SGC

Post by Mick_SGC »

It was part of the tip.It burnt down one night, it was just full of rubbish, but deemed not that burnt to stay up for a while, I've got some recent images I can dig out, I watched it burn as well.
I'll be back (arnie)

martino

Post by martino »

Mick_SGC

Post by Mick_SGC »

I'll be back (arnie)

Hoppers-World!

Post by Hoppers-World! »

It was part of the council rubbish disposal site, that particular building was the bailing plant, i think it opened about 1977, the old place was on lennox rd what now is the virgin actibe gym, the grey burned out building burned out in maybe 2001 its been like that years, i got some pics but only thru the fence.

D2G

Post by D2G »

Thanx for ur message everyone, a mystery finally solved! I did catch some guys further up the road though today at the either yorkshire chemicals or arla foods taking some pictures. was that anyone on this site? I'd love to see pictures