Bedford Street, Leeds

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Actually just spotted a number 3 next to the door in the pic... Harvey (?) Cockcroft Wool Merchants perhaps then?
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hy. = Hyman, maybe...
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Si

Post by Si »

Henry? Harry?

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

in the trades directory of leeds theres a vevers & kirtlen woolen merchents listed at 3 bedford st in 1867 dont know if this helps at all??ive found a joseph vevers but there dosen't seem to be ow't down for kirtlen??
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Ali Goby

Post by Ali Goby »

The first floor didnt look very occupied when I took the pictures, and the same the other day when I passed the place. Could it just be the back end of a building in Greek Street? Like a tradesman's / delivery enterence perhaps.Alison

Ali Goby

Post by Ali Goby »

Looks like wool and cloth merchants were down Greek Street...

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Ali Goby wrote: Looks like wool and cloth merchants were down Greek Street... What about the ones at 3 and 7 Bedford Street mentioned above?

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Si wrote: Henry? Harry? Yup they sound a lot more likely Si! Brain was not in gear it seems.Henry I reckon, sounds like a merchant of that era's type of name.