Eastmoor Secure Unit in Adel and Kirkstall tunnel

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
ChrisFlynn

Post by ChrisFlynn »

Im not sure if you guys know, but that abonded village aint a village, i did some research and its called the east moor secure unit.It was a prison for young offenders, and thus finding out its real name I've found some other forums where people have broken in to the main prison and found all sorts of stuff.Theres loads of photos and stuff of rooms like: dentists, swimming pool, cells, recreational room & teaching rooms.You might already know this, but yeah.. t used to be a Childrens Correctional Facility for up to 34 children up to 16 years of age with over 200 admissions a year.http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/sho ... 20Eastmoor Children’s Secure UnitTile Lane, Adel, Leeds LS16 8BT.tel: 01132 673459Anyway as well as telling you this, you people have all talked about the tunnel from Kirkstall to Horsforth. Well I live on a street near the river in horsforth & we've got a victorian house randomly, and as a child I was told by the owners that it had a tunnel all the way down to the abbey & there was a myth of some sort of secret transportation between the two places of either people or something im not sure..    
Chris

simonm

Post by simonm »

With regards to the village, we know.http://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Mess ... tMessage=0
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

ChrisFlynn

Post by ChrisFlynn »

Ahhh okay, sorry about that.
Chris

exiled in essex

Post by exiled in essex »

There's some great photographs on there.

simonm

Post by simonm »

ChrisFlynn wrote: Ahhh okay, sorry about that. No problem. Some threads dissapear off the front page and unless you know whats been posted, new posters won't, you wouldn't know where to look. Welcome aboard.
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Chris regarding the Kirkstall Abbey tunnel I'd say It would be plausible if the house dated back to 1152 when the abbey was built. If the house was built any time after 1539 then there is absolutely no chance of the monks digging a tunnel from there.            
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

ChrisFlynn

Post by ChrisFlynn »

Phill_d wrote: Thanks Morly Lass. cheers :-)Chris regarding the Kirkstall Abbey tunnel I'd say It would be plausible if the house dated back to the 11th century when the abbey was built. If the house was built any time after 1539 then there is absolutely no chance monks digging a tunnel from there. I'll take a picture of the building and see what you think?
Chris

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

That would be good Chris. Lets see what we can deduce from that my good man
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

OK folks - there has been a lot of deleting of posts on this thread - won't go into it too much, but please be aware that the Eastmoor Secure Unit is not abandoned, nor is it a village, and part of it is still an active facility for kids with behavioural problems.The disused bits are popular with the local joyriders, vandals and junkies to get on with their dodgy doings, so it's dangerous at night.And it is still private property of course, so tread carefully if at all.Cheers,dsco    
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.