What am I?

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
electricaldave

Post by electricaldave »

Ok, OK, less of the sarcasm,Here is part of the description of a building in Leeds, it's lifted from "Jacksons guide to Leeds".The first description is easy, so I will not give you much to go on, as time goes by I'll add to it, but I will miss out certain bits if it gives the game away too readily."The structure is a parallellogram............"

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

my shed after this windy weather we've been having.next.
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

Morleylass

Post by Morleylass »

My guess - could it be Leeds Town Hall ?

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

not much of a clue as most buildings are rectangular (regular parallelogram) or square (regular rectangle)
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

tyke bhoy wrote: not much of a clue as most buildings are rectangular (regular parallelogram) or square (regular rectangle) Or diamond - I think we need a little more than four lines on the ground!

electricaldave

Post by electricaldave »

Morleylass has it, which is why the clue was so sparse."The structure is a parallellogram, 250 feet by 200 feet, standing on an elevated platform surrounded by Corinthian columns and pilasters, supporting an entablature and attic about 65 feet in height.The South, or principle facade has a deeply resssed portico of 10 columns, approached by a flight of 19 steps, 135 feet in length, with a pedestal at each corner, upon which pedestals four colossal lions were placed in 1867"The rest of the description is quite a length but that gives a flavour.Another one will come up for you tommorrow.