ace new (up to date) Microsoft virtual earth!

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

i dont know if anybody's seen this http://maps.live.com/but if you zoom in close and press the birds eye button its pretty impressive, and also bang up to date! (give and take a few months)    
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

ExplorerRich

Post by ExplorerRich »

Just checked my house out. the photos around 2 years old as thats the last time I had a skip in the drive!

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

it doesn't get as close in as google earth
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

we must be looking at different maps because the ls9 birdseye map is 6 months old at the latest!    
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

ExplorerRich wrote: Just checked my house out. the photos around 2 years old as thats the last time I had a skip in the drive! im talking about the birdseye feature! so your telling me this picture of jimmys is two years old then???this was took about the time them dodgy lookin spy planes were flying back and forth(phil d you know what im talking about) this is what they must have been doing.    
Attachments
__TFMF_gq1q3w45c0rl0545gezqdc45_302883fe-de97-4695-b8bd-f2df6797350a_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_gq1q3w45c0rl0545gezqdc45_302883fe-de97-4695-b8bd-f2df6797350a_0_main.jpg (136.9 KiB) Viewed 2128 times

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Not at all sure about this Brandy - I see markers which tell me parts are at least 18 months old.The Oncology unit at Jimmy's has been open for a little while now but this picture still looks as though there would be limited public access.The thread about the planes was in Novemeber wasn't it? - all the trees in the images are in full leaf suggesting much earlier in the year and are not these aerial images of satellite origin?

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

I've noticed on google the images are patched together,the times are not consistent in places. It could be the same here. Older & newer images maybe?
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_d wrote: I've noticed on google the images are patched together,the times are not consistent in places. It could be the same here. Older & newer images maybe? Could well be of course Phill, but I've not yet noticed any; must be 6 months + old to have all that greenery. Whitehall Road opposite Globe Road and beneath the viaduct is barely looking like a construction site, certainly not the hive of activity that it has been for many months now.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

(But can't argue with the quality of the Birds-Eye images though, HD video enhancement maybe? Would certainly be able to pick you out on the pool roof with this!).

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Yes the quality is excellent. I find it a bit of a pig to use though. It' seems to take an age to fire up some times it freezes a bit. I don't know if others find this?    
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/