Yates's (Boar Lane)

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
ArmleyLass47

Post by ArmleyLass47 »

That's a lot of information from you Shutthatdoor laugh.
On Ilkla Moor ba'tat!!!

Leodian

Re: Yates's (Boar Lane)

Post by Leodian »

It is reported on page 16 today (Nov 15 2018) of the Yorkshire Evening Post that the Stonegate pub company is to close its Yates bar on Boar Lane and that it will become a Slug & Lettuce bar of that company and open on December 8. There is already a Slug & Lettuce bar on Park Row.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

volvojack

Re:

Post by volvojack »

[quote="Leodian"]LS1 wrote: Interesting... I always wonder what goes on in some of those upper floors. Slightly further along, but the old Griffin Hotel seems to have some strange goings on in the upper floors. In winter on the dark mornings/ evenings I often walked past and saw different lights on and off at different times of the day. Very strange. I wondered if it may be squatters or something more ghostly...... Hi LS1I also often wonder what the upper floors of some buildings in the centre of Leeds are used for (if anything) as many of them never seem to have signs of anyone ever in them! I don't know but I suspect that the inside of the unused Griffin Hotel may be very interesting.  

Could it be ???????????.

My Mother came from a Large Family called Leach her Father was an officer in the Leeds Police. The youngest son was Martin Leach aged Sixteen he was a Bell boy who fell down the Lift Shaft of the Griffin Hotel.

chemimike

Re: Yates's (Boar Lane)

Post by chemimike »

The upper floors of the Griffin are not unused (or at least a lot of them anyway). These and the upper floors of some of the other buildings nearby are connected by a bit of a maze of corridors to the Discovery Inn, next to the Scarborough. I know because I have stayed in them on a number of occasions, and did so last week for 4 nights , then my room being on the corner immediately over the door to the Griffin.