Statistics
48 users online
17081 users
103864 posts
Leodis Photographic Archive
Leeds Tithe Map project
Help | Register | Login | Active Threads | Register

You are here: Home > Secret Leeds > Family History> Leeds Tithe Map project
 

Pages: 1 2
Family History
Leeds Tithe Map project
Page:1/2 

  Print all messages in this thread  
Poster Message
cnosni
Administrator



Location:
Leeds
Joined on:
28-Mar-2007 21:17:06
Posted:
4062 posts
# Posted on: 26-Oct-2009 19:51:07.  


Prototype web page for tithe maps in and around Leeds from 1838 to 1861,urban properties as well as country/farm.

http://locateit.leeds.gov.uk/tithemaps/
Don't get me started!!
My Flickr photos-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/
Secret Leeds contact
info@secretleeds.com
 
Top
chameleon
Administrator



Location:
Leeds
Joined on:
29-Mar-2007 22:46:49
Posted:
5400 posts
# Posted on: 26-Oct-2009 20:06:03. Goto attachments  


cnosni wrote:
Prototype web page for tithe maps in and around Leeds from 1838 to 1861,urban properties as well as country/farm.

http://locateit.leeds.gov.uk/tithemaps/


Brilliant find Cnosni. Strange result though, I've never seen error messages like this before....Wink

Mrs C is already chomping at the PC.
Emial:    info@secretleeds.com
Personal: amenableone@yahoo.co.uk


 
Top
Si
Administrator



Location:
Otley
Joined on:
10-Oct-2007 11:52:40
Posted:
4479 posts
# Posted on: 26-Oct-2009 20:12:39.  


Cheers Chris. Interesting to see on the Otley map that what is now Leeds Road fizzles out before it reaches Pool Bank.
And Yeadon was tiny!
 
Top
Lilysmum
User



Location:
Guiseley
Joined on:
28-Mar-2008 17:01:45
Posted:
531 posts
# Posted on: 26-Oct-2009 20:49:25.  


And Guiseley looks like it's been through the wash Regular Smiley
 
Top
chameleon
Administrator



Location:
Leeds
Joined on:
29-Mar-2007 22:46:49
Posted:
5400 posts
# Posted on: 26-Oct-2009 21:47:06.  


Ans what we can get into is looking good....
Emial:    info@secretleeds.com
Personal: amenableone@yahoo.co.uk


 
Top
Brandy
User



Location:
United Kingdom
Joined on:
21-Feb-2007 12:33:58
Posted:
1550 posts
# Posted on: 26-Oct-2009 22:37:34.  


Good stuff ChrisRegular Smiley
There are only 10 types of people in the world -
those who understand binary, and those that don't.
 
Top
cnosni
Administrator



Location:
Leeds
Joined on:
28-Mar-2007 21:17:06
Posted:
4062 posts
# Posted on: 26-Oct-2009 22:46:45.  


Brandy wrote:
Good stuff ChrisRegular Smiley


I know,im salivating,cos ive chuffing loads of em in Horsforth/Guiseley and Rawdon.

These are the areas that im digging into with my tree at the moment,slowly slowly.
Don't get me started!!
My Flickr photos-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/
Secret Leeds contact
info@secretleeds.com
 
Top
chameleon
Administrator



Location:
Leeds
Joined on:
29-Mar-2007 22:46:49
Posted:
5400 posts
# Posted on: 26-Oct-2009 22:52:37.  


cnosni wrote:
Brandy wrote:
Good stuff ChrisRegular Smiley


I know,im salivating,cos ive chuffing loads of em in Horsforth/Guiseley and Rawdon.

These are the areas that im digging into with my tree at the moment,slowly slowly.


hmmph. Having to fight to get on this thing now. Genaeology widower. TaRegular Smiley
Emial:    info@secretleeds.com
Personal: amenableone@yahoo.co.uk


 
Top
simonm
User



Location:
Republic of Armley
Joined on:
19-May-2007 22:04:49
Posted:
1306 posts
# Posted on: 27-Oct-2009 11:22:41.  


Cheers

What a cracking site.    

I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)

"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"
 
Top
Brandy
User



Location:
United Kingdom
Joined on:
21-Feb-2007 12:33:58
Posted:
1550 posts
# Posted on: 27-Oct-2009 11:30:11.  


I didnt get to bed till 4:30 last night.......................cheers ChrisRegular Smiley
Blooody Fantastic site mateRegular Smiley
Its right up there with the best of em is this.Lets just hope they dont start charging for it?
There are only 10 types of people in the world -
those who understand binary, and those that don't.
 
Top
Si
Administrator



Location:
Otley
Joined on:
10-Oct-2007 11:52:40
Posted:
4479 posts
# Posted on: 27-Oct-2009 11:51:01.  


Has the tithe map site crashed? I can't get on it today. Anyone else having difficulties?
 
Top
Croggy2
User



Location:
Leeds
Joined on:
25-Aug-2009 22:45:20
Posted:
65 posts
# Posted on: 27-Oct-2009 13:32:02.  


It's working for me now, but it wasn't yesterday
 
Top
Si
Administrator



Location:
Otley
Joined on:
10-Oct-2007 11:52:40
Posted:
4479 posts
# Posted on: 27-Oct-2009 15:13:58.  


Lilysmum wrote:
And Guiseley looks like it's been through the wash Regular Smiley

It was found in the back pocket of someone's breeches...


Wink



PS It's working again. Now I've found the twin maps/aerial view feature, I'll be on this site for months!!!
    
 
Top
chameleon
Administrator



Location:
Leeds
Joined on:
29-Mar-2007 22:46:49
Posted:
5400 posts
# Posted on: 27-Oct-2009 19:18:50.  


Si wrote:
Has the tithe map site crashed? I can't get on it today. Anyone else having difficulties?



2043 Secret Leeds members create denial of service with synchronised log-onWink
Emial:    info@secretleeds.com
Personal: amenableone@yahoo.co.uk


 
Top
cnosni
Administrator



Location:
Leeds
Joined on:
28-Mar-2007 21:17:06
Posted:
4062 posts
# Posted on: 27-Oct-2009 20:22:46.  


chameleon wrote:
Si wrote:
Has the tithe map site crashed? I can't get on it today. Anyone else having difficulties?



2043 Secret Leeds members create denial of service with synchronised log-onWink

Probably
Don't get me started!!
My Flickr photos-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/
Secret Leeds contact
info@secretleeds.com
 
Top
Si
Administrator



Location:
Otley
Joined on:
10-Oct-2007 11:52:40
Posted:
4479 posts
# Posted on: 27-Oct-2009 21:27:46.  


This evening, the site is showing the old SL favourite "Server error" screen...
 
Top
chameleon
Administrator



Location:
Leeds
Joined on:
29-Mar-2007 22:46:49
Posted:
5400 posts
# Posted on: 27-Oct-2009 22:10:00.  


Si wrote:
This evening, the site is showing the old SL favourite "Server error" screen...



(shhhhhh! notice SL has stayed on its feet since the hosting move to, erm, that Manchester place....)

Yes that's what I got the other night - had a little laugh, but when it's good, it's very, very goodRegular Smiley
Emial:    info@secretleeds.com
Personal: amenableone@yahoo.co.uk


 
Top
Si
Administrator



Location:
Otley
Joined on:
10-Oct-2007 11:52:40
Posted:
4479 posts
# Posted on: 28-Oct-2009 15:40:33.  


It certainly is.
If time-travel was possible, and you went back to somewhere you know on these maps, I reckon you'd be hard-pushed to recognise where you were! There are so few landmarks on them which have survived.
 
Top
liits
User



Location:
Golders Green
Joined on:
25-Mar-2007 15:54:49
Posted:
987 posts
# Posted on: 28-Oct-2009 17:50:15.  


Si wrote:
It certainly is.
If time-travel was possible, and you went back to somewhere you know on these maps, I reckon you'd be hard-pushed to recognise where you were! There are so few landmarks on them which have survived.

That’s true! The last time I was in Leeds I was trying to drive around using the parish church as a landmark. They’d left the church where it was but moved all the roads [and I'd only been away twenty years]!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/liits/
"Given enough time, a monkey - typing at random - would, as part of its output, almost surely produce all of Shakespeare’s plays". Well, the internet has pretty much debunked that myth.
 
Top
Si
Administrator



Location:
Otley
Joined on:
10-Oct-2007 11:52:40
Posted:
4479 posts
# Posted on: 28-Oct-2009 17:57:30.  


liits wrote:
Si wrote:
It certainly is.
If time-travel was possible, and you went back to somewhere you know on these maps, I reckon you'd be hard-pushed to recognise where you were! There are so few landmarks on them which have survived.

That’s true! The last time I was in Leeds I was trying to drive around using the parish church as a landmark. They’d left the church where it was but moved all the roads [and I'd only been away twenty years]!

...not to mention Briggate's mysterious moving pubs. Everytime I go in The Ship, The Angel, Whitelock's, etc, they're in a different order...
 
Top
cnosni
Administrator



Location:
Leeds
Joined on:
28-Mar-2007 21:17:06
Posted:
4062 posts
# Posted on: 29-Oct-2009 16:45:15.  


Si wrote:
liits wrote:
Si wrote:
It certainly is.
If time-travel was possible, and you went back to somewhere you know on these maps, I reckon you'd be hard-pushed to recognise where you were! There are so few landmarks on them which have survived.

That’s true! The last time I was in Leeds I was trying to drive around using the parish church as a landmark. They’d left the church where it was but moved all the roads [and I'd only been away twenty years]!

...not to mention Briggate's mysterious moving pubs. Everytime I go in The Ship, The Angel, Whitelock's, etc, they're in a different order...

Thats scary Si,its the same with me.

Is this one of Jonesys phenomena!!
Don't get me started!!
My Flickr photos-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/
Secret Leeds contact
info@secretleeds.com
 
Top
Peter Lythe
User



Location:

Joined on:
05-Nov-2009 14:37:28
Posted:
1 posts
# Posted on: 05-Nov-2009 14:47:41.  


Thank you for all your messages about the recently launched Leeds Tithe Map Digital Resource. I hope that it will prove useful with your various research enquiries.

I notice that one or two people experienced a few issues getting the system to work properly when they first went to the site. This is becasue the resource that is online at present is a prototype and there are one or two issues still to be resolved before it is fully functioning, including, as some of the more eagle-eyed users will have no doubt noticed, the correct naming of a couple of the datasets (the two historic OS datasets currently in the system date from around 1840-50 and 1910, not from the dates shown in the prototype).

We hope that the final version of the resource will be available in the next week or so, so please keep checking!

Kind regards,

Peter Lythe,
Project Manager,
Tracks in Time: The Leeds Tithe Map Project.
 
Top
cnosni
Administrator



Location:
Leeds
Joined on:
28-Mar-2007 21:17:06
Posted:
4062 posts
# Posted on: 05-Nov-2009 14:51:11.  


Peter Lythe wrote:
Thank you for all your messages about the recently launched Leeds Tithe Map Digital Resource. I hope that it will prove useful with your various research enquiries.

I notice that one or two people experienced a few issues getting the system to work properly when they first went to the site. This is becasue the resource that is online at present is a prototype and there are one or two issues still to be resolved before it is fully functioning, including, as some of the more eagle-eyed users will have no doubt noticed, the correct naming of a couple of the datasets (the two historic OS datasets currently in the system date from around 1840-50 and 1910, not from the dates shown in the prototype).

We hope that the final version of the resource will be available in the next week or so, so please keep checking!

Kind regards,

Peter Lythe,
Project Manager,
Tracks in Time: The Leeds Tithe Map Project.

Thanks for that Peter

We would all appreciate some updates on the project,and also if there is any other projects in the pipeline.    
Don't get me started!!
My Flickr photos-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/
Secret Leeds contact
info@secretleeds.com
 
Top
Si
Administrator



Location:
Otley
Joined on:
10-Oct-2007 11:52:40
Posted:
4479 posts
# Posted on: 05-Nov-2009 14:52:10.  


Peter Lythe wrote:
Thank you for all your messages about the recently launched Leeds Tithe Map Digital Resource. I hope that it will prove useful with your various research enquiries.

I notice that one or two people experienced a few issues getting the system to work properly when they first went to the site. This is becasue the resource that is online at present is a prototype and there are one or two issues still to be resolved before it is fully functioning, including, as some of the more eagle-eyed users will have no doubt noticed, the correct naming of a couple of the datasets (the two historic OS datasets currently in the system date from around 1840-50 and 1910, not from the dates shown in the prototype).

We hope that the final version of the resource will be available in the next week or so, so please keep checking!

Kind regards,

Peter Lythe,
Project Manager,
Tracks in Time: The Leeds Tithe Map Project.

Thanks, Peter. Your site is a fantastic resource, and I for one, will be using it very often. Thanks again!
 
Top
uncle mick
User



Location:
Calverley, Middleton and Hunslet born and bred
Joined on:
14-Jan-2009 11:13:15
Posted:
1156 posts
# Posted on: 29-Dec-2012 05:05:16.  


This is not working now, after you click on the digital resource button tou get a "runtime error" Angry
http://tithemaps.leeds.gov.uk/    

EDIT: It's working now Regular Smiley
 
Top
Pages: 1 2